Originally Posted By: LGF
...like all of us here, I felt that I had become close to Tony, through his generous sharing of his work, his beautiful family, and the consummate courage with which he faced the tragic circumstances of his early passing. This has affected me much more strongly than I ever would have predicted. I have lost one of my few good friends, and will treasure his memory....

Truer words have yet to be spoken. I've read this thread time and again, almost not accepting that he's gone. I'm almost glad Marie communicated her recent message through Doug. I'm not sure I could have handled the emotional roller-coaster of seeing a post from Ballistix999 suddenly come in.

A post caught my eye yesterday with a title that reminded me of what Tony may write, and I had a moment of elation - followed by the realization that it wasn't Tony's kind, knowledable, courageous words.

I keep trying to buy the hardcover book today, I guess, in an attempt to grasp that last bit of Tony.

I was planning a trip to the UK in May and was hoping to meet Tony, but didn't want to bring it up until we were closer to the date - not wanting to put pressure on him. I'm bummed out that I'll never get that chance - although happy he was able to share what he did.