Ok, I'll bite. I think maybe the question to be asking of all of us is at what point do personal rights and personal responsibility cancel each other out, or do they?

For instance, I think the fact that a criminal can walk into a gun show and purchase a gun without a background check is insane, even though it is allowed within the law. I therefore think it is our responsibility as defenders of liberty to address issues askew such as this, because abuses of liberty do justice to neither liberty nor responsible people.

Having said that, I strongly support the freedom of any law abiding citizen to own whatever firearm he chooses to own. With our own government's recent decision to federalize the national guard, and subsequent removal of Posse Comitatus rights that used to prevent the military from being used against our own citizens, I wonder if a safe full of scatterguns is sufficient anymore. An armed citizenry is (I hope), still an effective deterrent to abuses of power, which, as we all know, is the original basis for 2nd Amendment rights.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein