My Goodness;

I have been accused of self-ascribed wisdom. I must say I have accused of worse. In reponse to that one, i must say- I am not wise, just experienced. And then there is the cut about being a para-military Rambo. Now THAT is sort of silly ad hominem, dont you think? I have worked pretty hard at avoiding that. I hope I have been rational, reasonable and polite.

I have merely pointed out what the Founders said, what the Founders intended, and modern examples of operational reality.

That seems to annoy Mr. Maloney. Mea Culpa.

As for gun rights at the ballot box- yes indeed. We have a functioning Constitutional government and the best way to safeguard those rights is to vote. I would point out, however, that unlike in other countries, the right to bear arms prexisted the Constitution. It is a Natural Right, and is not subject to abolition. It can be abridged, but it cannot be destroyed.

Perhaps we can continue a friendly discourse on other matters.

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."