I've stated here on a number of occasions that I believed there were some among us who harbored anti-gun rights, or anti-hunting rights motives. For that, I was sometimes excoriated and admonished for being too hard on the Snakes. At least jack is honorable enough to tell us, in his own cockney/aristocrat/nit-wit style, that he believes the Second Amendment provides only a collective, not individual, right to keep and bear arms. Thanks for being honest.

I suppose we could go on debating recently settled law, and endlessly arguing over the placement of commas, or what constitutes a meaningful clause or phrase... or we could do the intelligent thing and actually look at the intent of the framers of the Constitution. They extensively wrote and debated about the content before they put their pen to parchment. To ignore what they said and wrote is exhibiting moral bankruptcy. From Washington's letters to Jefferson's papers, to Mason's and Henry's speeches, to The Federalist, there is nothing to be found that would convey the idea that they intended the Second Amendment RKBA to be anything other than an individual right which made the militia possible, but which also went beyond the scope of a militia purpose, i.e., defense of self, and home, and property.

Read their words and weep jack, for if the boys who drafted the document had any other intentions, it is one of the best kept secrets of the late 1700's.

I was going to provide some quotes or links to their writings, speeches, and editorials, but that would be a silly waste of time, for your mind is clearly made up on the matter. This discourse should be instructive to those who still think we're just preaching to the choir and that we're all on the same page, or spooning together in some big happy tent. We needed a poster boy, and by golly, we've got one!

As for your assertion that we'll eventually lose RKBA to some "nominally" conservative, and possibly Republican occupant of the White House... I'd still rather take my chances with that than someone who thinks like you AND Obama.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.