Originally Posted By: rabbit
I don't have to justify ownership of guns; it's my right as an individual and American citizen. So you'll get where I'm coming from, I used to think it was kind of funny that the gumint actually had a use for all those old fuddy-duddies who nervously slapped their en blocs against the stocks of their M1s during The War. They were an untapped market for what we now call milsurp. The CMP sold those M1s cheap (along with the millions of clapped out '03s) and the vets got down in the prone and stopped their pulse and had heart attacks getting up again and worried about Camp Perry and talked about the Corps altho they never got beyond the glamor of cooking in the Army. Well now I'm an old fuddy-duddy with service in a war which we weren't winning when I went OR when I left and I sort of appreciate people who were forced to do something at least theoretically useful by their guvmint. And I appreciate the weapons as a beautiful and destructive mechansim.

I haven't "vehemently denied" that the 2nd gives citizens the "individual" right to keep and bear arms; I've given my opinion about what the text says "in the clear". Is that one of my rights? one that I have no matter who's offended or scairt or whatever? If the Heller decision is correct in view of the "contemporaneous record" of statements by Jefferson and others that an absolute right to keep and bear was the intention, fine. However, the loudmouths here are paranoid that there are a lot of folks nominally in their "own camp" who aren't gonna drink the Koolaid on this rights without responsibilities crap. They may be right.

I'm tired of lines drawn in the sand that I'm supposed to be a good feller and cross. I'd just as soon stand where the loudmouths put me and kick it in their faces.

jack

What?

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie