I don't in any way want to get involved in this horse@%*$,but this topic constantly come's up with both side's throwing out opinion's and insult's...

I will say I do like a properly restored case color on a fully restored gun,as do many here ,I also like a gun well engraved and well aged...absolutely beautiful!!! and again ,as do many here,and those torch color's well,they just speak for themselve's sick....

But in the few year's I've been reading this forum I have yet to see anyone post photo's of a catastrophic
failure of a reciever torched,bone and charcoal re-cased or whatever the hell else...I have seen some old gun's around with split receiver's from overload's(a Belgian 8 bore single come's to mind )

Where I live,I know of gun's burnt in house fire's that have been used for year's to no ill effect,a smith in town here torch's on a regular basis with oxy and acetylene,heating from what I'm told to a cherry red and dousing in oil ...and to this day ,no explosion's.

I have read the storie's about the old time maker's using speacially trained men to "hard fit " the part's that warped during the process ...as do the shop's today that cch, no difference really.

So what give's? to each his own I geuss ...if I don't like something I move on.

Just my two cent's ,thank's.