Brister was a genius-and also a great con man- he conned his wife into driving the station wagon towing the patterning targets, as he was wise enough to know that shooting a shotgun for pattern tests on a stationary target with a 30" to maybe a 36" dia circle inscribed did NOT cover the dynamics of shot stringing as does a moving larger patterning board. The best of the British instructional videos I have seen is the two-part H&H shooting school programmes- with now retired instructor Ken Davies- gun fit, mount, foot position, swing and balance-- all made simple and the videos show both game bird shooting and clays--Tower and British SC programmes-- I watch and re-watch those many times, and practice a 'dry-mount" with the comb of the buttstock tucked under my armpit, muzzles pointed upwards, a easy forward and up movement locks the comb into the "rear sight" of a scattergun, the cheek- or zylogmatic arch perhaps? I think the Digster, the late Tony Treadwell and others are like the late Gene Hill once described the equally late American shotgun "ACE" Rudy Etchen-- who showed up a Gene's duck club but sans shotgun- was invited, of course, to stay and shoot- took a std issue "club gun" a 12 gauge 870- and added a bit of foam and tape to the comb to make it fit him better. He may not have shot 20 ducks with 20 shells like Harold Money did in 1915, but I'll betcha he came damn close to that achievement!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..