I've got a pile of old London boxlocks that I've hoarded over the years, but for whatever reason, I've been spellbound by the one in the bunch that would seem to be "least valuable". This ever happen to any of you?

Amidst the collection I have two Westley Richards boxlocks. One is what I'd call "premium grade" with spectacular chain damascus, nice engraving and great wood. The other is what I'd call "gamekeeper's knockabout". The gamekeeper's gun has ZERO engraving, twist or bernard damascus (my naming for the lower grade damascus escapes me), slightly above average wood. Many times the latter gun is called a "gold letter" Westley Richards because it has the maker's name in gold across the sides of the boxlock.

For whatever reason, I just couldn't stop enjoying the beauty and the understated nature of that WR boxlock...the plain jane one. I've decided to have the gun completely restored top to bottom including new case coloring and see what I'm left with.

Any of you fall in love with a gun that is like this? The lines and action filing is just so beautiful I think it's the prettiest boxlock I've ever touched even though it was never meant to be anything but a modest gun.

Would love to see pics of your minimalist gun that has all the right aesthetics.