I posted a link to photos of the rifle below, click on it and all the photos show up.

I am trying to date my A. Francotte Martini Rook rifle, I believe it is number 180?, as the patent was issued in 1878 and both the reciever and the action have the 180 stamped on them. The Belgian proof mark on the barrel is pre 1893 from what I am told but the other proof marks I do not know, 8.8 probly Cal. and the 30 in the middle on barrel is also stamped twice on the front of the reciever. The stock is Rosewood and the forend has two pieces that need repair and the horn front piece made. I have tried to post photos but have not figured that out yet, if you email me I can forward photos of the rifle and proof marks along with chamber cast information. I am hope to link it to the A. Francotte retail shop in London that was open at the time? Any information will help. rwiley111@sbcglobal.net

NOTE: photo's are posted on ( britishmilitariafourms.yuku.com/forums/3 ) under Francotte Martini Rook rifle [img]http://photobucket.com/albums/jj631/rwiley111[/img]

Last edited by rwiley111; 09/17/12 08:26 PM.