Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
If I could only have one it would have to be a sidelock side by side. Probably English and most likely a 12ga upland type. 2 3/4" chambers 28" barrels choked IC and IM.

I know the modern automatic shotguns we have are the most dependable most versatile firearm ever available to sportsmen, but if I can only have one it would have to have enough 'soul' to tide me through. A double'd do it, an autoloader wouldn't...geo
Me too-Lewis Drake in KY had a matched pair of Boss 12 SLE's- 29" barrels, IC (1/4 choke) right tube and Imp-Mod (3/4 choke) left tube- zero cast 6 & 1/2bs. DT, AE of course, straight handed grip, Silvers pad- no cast-- chambered for 2 & 1/2" loads-- and I would shoot nothing but light RST 2.5" loads in mine- George, you can have the other "twin"-- I chose the finest (with Churchill a close second) of all the British made side-by-sides, as this is a double gun website- and also a man can dream, can't he- But as a waterfowler and pass shooter and with steel shot the issue- my Dad's 1937 Model 12- 12 gauge 30" Full with solid rib barrel--I've shot the beJesus out of that "Perfect Repeater" (and others in my working arsenal) since he handed it over to me in 1980- still on the factory set take-up notch, and no broken firing pin or any part for that matter- I don't much care for autoloaders or Over-Unders-- Model 12's or Sidelock doubles--suits me right down to the ground!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..