Wanted to share some information on an unusual Grade 4 Ithaca NID I came across recently. Gun is heavily optioned with beavertail forend, factory single trigger, 32-inch barrels, vent rib with double invories, and very rarely seen straight hand grip. Even more interesting than the straight grip, the gun has a parallel comb stock with dimensions at 1-9/16 by 1-9/16..... first parallel comb I've seen on a double-trap SxS. Take note in this pic how the wrist was made to accomodate the high/parallel comb, and still maintain a conventional ~ 5" butt height. Gun is choked 3 and 4 (I-Mod & Full). Somebody sure knew what he wanted, and with some limited info I'm hot on his trail! Walter Snyder tells me this gun was shipped in early September, 1926. Recoil pad is a NoShoc. Of course the gun has the extra-high NID frame for smooth sighting transition to the vent rib, a really nice setup like on the special Fox Trap Grade guns.

For those of you with factory Miller type triggers in Ithacas, I'll report that extra light loads will not reliably reset the trigger inertia mechanism. At least not on this gun. First round out on a sporting course with the gun (mixed shells) showed that I need something like 2-3/4 DE x 1 ounce loads (as a minimum) for 100% reliablity. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.