Seems like it was only yesterday that Dave Brennan ask me to write an article about Griffin & Howe. I turned him down, said there was a lot more to American custom gunmakers than G&H. I explained that the there were a lot of good people before and after G&H and to tell the story that I wanted to tell I needed to start at the beginning. We went back and fourth for a while and I think more out of frustration than anything he said write what you want and if it's not too far out I'll print it. From then on that is how it worked, I wrote them and he published them ;-).

Hard to believe that was sixteen years ago. As you all know, I'm not a very prolific writer. Good thing I'm not doing this for a living. Writing takes place when the search for a rifle and the research on the maker is over.

I have enough material for volume-two of my book, PS has two articles that did not get published so those will be included.

I have a lot on my plate right now but in a few weeks I'll start talking to book publishers and do the next volume myself.

I'm still searching, researching and writing although I'm not sure where they will go now. Volume-three is not out of the question.

Heck I publish everything here first anyway. I use this place as a sounding board and iron out a few of the wrinkles.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." Frank Clark

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014