I have trouble distinguishing between actual projects and things which have just taken up residence. There are many more of the latter!

Here are some actual projects in order of importance to me:

1) Putting a better stock on my Eric Johnson .22LR Ballard Pacific rifle. I have the wood, the question is how "schuetzen" to go. I don't like the more extreme offhand styles and am leaning towards something more like an early Marlin factory target rifle. Pictures of rifles like that would be appreciated.

2) I have a NOS 1980's Parker Hale target rifle stock purchased from The Navy Arm's guys son. It looks like the Model 85 sniper rifle stock but single shot. While a two lug 98 is hardly a top level Palma rifle action, I would like to build a casual target rifle in either 6.5x47 or .308. I have not found a single shot FN action, and the PH actions are suspect, but I do have a new standard FN action from the H&R bankruptcy sale and a Sears rifle with a good commercial FN donor action as well. Either one of those actions could work with some sort of fabricated bedding block/loading tray underneath. I also bought a Speedlock Systems aluminum firing pin to try and help with the lock time a bit.

Some years ago GPC sold some new Swedish Mauser receivers and I bought one. Since then I have found a NOS barrel for the Model 38 short rifle, a new turned down bolt and most of the small parts for a barreled action either new or in really nice shape. Apparently the Swede's made lots of spares for these rifles. I have no idea what to do with it, but the idea of a "new" 70 year old rifle intrigued me and I like the 6.5's.

I should sell some other stuff and get these done.