Im going to state my feeling on "The New Lefever".
I fell Dan was one if not the greatest shotgun maker in the US. I love and respect his guns. Im sure Ill get beat up about what I have to say, but im a big ol boy and I can handle it.

Personally I would have a had time paying for a new gun than I would an original one.

If the gun is to be built, lets please respect Dans gun and only make guns like he built. I dont think Dan built a 28 ga. If a 28 ga. is what you want I think Browning would be more your style of gun not a Lefever. Please NO screw in chokes, Dan would have had problems with that. You have two barrels, you dont need screw in chokes! A single trigger is fine (not my style) but please us Dans trigger. If I see another gold 21 trigger im going to get sick. They look like a big gold tooth hanging down. Please no beaver tail forends!!!!!!!!

Then you need to put alot of thought into the gun, and whice type your going to build. I myself like the hammer guns and the Syracuse guns up to 30,000 serial number range. This is the period when all the changes took place.

What are you going to use for an opener? I know of 4 types.
Thumb pull
Thumb push
Pivot (5 different ones of these)
Standard

What are you going to use for cocking? I know of 5 types.
Side cocker
Cocking rod
Two piece
Small hook
Large hook

What are you going to use for ejectors? I know of 4 types.
Forend
Forend/inframe combo
Inframe
Inframe with cutoff switches

I think the standard opener two piece cocker with inframe ejector guns are the best of Dans work. If these guns are built its the gun I would like to see.

Bob

Another thought, lets use orig. engraving patterens. We dont need more Lefevers out there that look like the one on Bass pro.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Noble; 03/15/07 02:21 PM.

lefeverarms.com