Steve Lamboy used to own the Lefever name ond assoactied legal stuff. Has anyone talked to him, or the new owner, about this?

Steve's Wesson actions are now more expensive than your new quoted price Ken. I sent him him a deposit last week and am eagerly awaiting my Henry action.

It looks like a lot fo folks here are wanting a good double for a low price. Every time I have read "for a fair price," the writer really meant a stupidly low price for them and VERY unfair to the slaves doing the work. The total cost to make this gun go "bang" will be quite a bit higher than the RBL or other guns out there. I am not saying this to be negative or anything. It just looks like a lot of tire-kickers thinking they will get an awesome gun for a fraction of what it costs to make.

THis sounds like it would be a very good gun and I hope to see it built. But this project has a much higher hill to climb than ICD, RBL, or whatever. To put the project in the hands of people who won't pay retail for a gun is a questionable move in my experience. As a project manager with experience managing people in many countries, I know the overwhelming majority of folks have no idea of what is involved to complete any project. So the same people who are not capable of accumalating enough money to buy a complete gun will be responsible for taking pieces and pulling it all together. It is not as easy as it seems.

THis is different than the Wesson actions in an important way. Steve sells bare actions and people know that is what they are. In a couple of years, will these be called "the new Lefever Shotgun" or something? I think they will, and that is a problem.

I was speaking with Darwin Hensley about some things today and he told me that your worst gun is the one that the most people will see. I was puzzled and asked asked him to explain that, and he said that worst gun will make the rounds because it will get sold, some one will buy it because of who built it, they will soon grow tired of it because it is not that great and sell it-the next guy will buy it beacuse of who built it but quickly grow tired of it and sell it-and the next guy......until lots of people have seen it. Look at what is currently happeneing with ICD "kits." The kits (Steve's worst guns) are what many judge the company by, as opposed to th egood guns he did make.

WIth this kit, you are still having to depend on folks who do not know what they are doing to make an actual gun out of it. From the way I understood this, the owner will be responsible fo rfinal fitting and testing. People in this coutry seem to think that is they can assmeble a swing set, then surely they can assemble something as simple a SxS shotgun! McIntosh put it best about wood work on guns-"anyone who has ever made a bird house thinks he can make a gun stock."

What I am getting at is that if this really happens, then a lot of kits will never get built, and many of those that are finished will not be anything most of us would own. These guns will make the rounds and get the publicicty and then people will say, "those Earle/Hurst guns are totally a POS and those two guys are crooks." Your plan puts your reputation in the hands of people of totally unknown quality and ability.

Searcy used to sell both double rifle "kits" and finished double rifle barreld actions in the white. Ask Butch about it. He told me it was a TOTAL disaster. What he had were people who were not capable of accumalting enough money to buy a double rifle trying to do it on the cheap. It was a train wreck. Even his idea of selling the barrelled actions, having the customer stock them and send them back to Butch for regulation was a total flop. He wound up spending so much time on the phone with people who were in over their head and trying to walk them through things that were beyond their capabilities. A good way to spend hours each day that did not produce any income.

THis is just food for thought. Again, I am in no way shape or form trying to rain on a parade here. I am just saying, as an international project manager, former business owner, current business owner, and gunmaker that all angles of this need to be investigated before laying your name on the line. The double gun world is a pretty small one and I would hate to see someone's reputation suffer and them lose money and valuable time due to the actions of others.

I would love to see this actually happen. I would love to have one of these things for myself.

skunk out