About a year ago I started a thread about this custom Remington 37 target rifle
The thread can be found HERE. The general consensus was that it looked like it could be Monte Kennedy work. The other night I was reading my NRA Gunsmithing Guide and came across an article titled "Gunstock Fundamentals" and at the top of the page was a custom remington model 37 done by the author.......Lenard Brownell! I've probably read that article a hundred times over the years, but I guess I never really noticed the rifle at the top of the page.

The gun sure looks for all the world like the same gun to me. Photobucket shrinks the image so you loose a lot of detail, but in the original scan you can see some of the wood grain and the checkering and it appears to me to the the same. Lenard Brownell is on my list of makers whom I wanted an example of work from, so this is good news to me.

The NRA Gunsmithing Guide is a collection of articles from the American Rifleman magazine. I have access to a complete collection of the magazine and would like to find the original to see if the photo is any better. My question is, does anyone know of an index of articles, or do I have to look through 15 years of magazines to find it?

Thanks,
John