The only times I've seen the oil continue to come to the surface is with stocks that were heavily and deeply oil soaked, and where I've set them aside for several months after de-oiling. I too have not had any issues when I've done any needed dent removal and repairs and got the new finish on fairly soon. All of my solvent soaks have been for at least a week because I know it took a long time for the oil to soak in, and it takes a long time for the solvent to penetrate deeply. One that was especially bad was a Spanish Mauser 7 m/m that I bought at a local flea market for $40.00 a couple years ago. Although a LOT of oil came out initially, when I got around to dent removal and refinishing 6 months later, the wood was visibly oiled again and I had to give it another bath before finishing. I imagine that most of what came out was boiled linseed oil done at the armory. Incidentally, this cheap old military rifle that I bought to use as a rainy-day-loan-it-to-your-brother-in-law-gun has an outstanding piece of figured walnut that would look right at home on a fine shotgun or custom rifle.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.