Steven M,

As I understand it, the barrels are the question at moment. Mr Ken refuses to use anything but the best barrels they can acquire within reason. Once the barrels are settled then a pricing for the fitting can be developed.

I do believe Chuck is close to reality for the over all costs. The engraving could run much higher if you start looking for gold inlays, bulino, etc. Or you go for a simple border and leave it at that. If funds got tight, I would invest in the wood and stock work now. The gun can be engraved much later.

I also agree with Doug Mann about the stocking. I have a Lefever G that is a project gun. I had some nice Black Walnut turned for a stock. The stocker did a nice job. The final inletting is all needle file work, with very light touches of razor sharp chisels. Enough to leave me shaking after even short sessions. It has convinced me that I ain't going to grow up an become a stock maker.

Steve Earle will provide an action to be envied, I am sure. He is driven to perfection in his work.

I have contacted Cecil Fredi about some wood. He sent me photos of 15 blanks to look over. The nice thing is knowing I have plenty of time to choose and to save for the next steps.

Pete