Just a few points, some of which I and other posters raised earlier but later posters obviously have not digested the entire thread. 1. No 98% finished barrel set is going to be adaptable to a large percentage of original guns, not only because of size, but because of cocking mechanisms and other mechanical differences. The dream of fitting old guns with the new barrels is mostly just that, a dream. 2. Tim, one of the posters on the "Frame Size" thread on the old Lefever site claimed to have seen a 12 gauge on a XX frame. Only problem is that we don't know if he did see one and we don't know whether the XX frame he may have seen was a standard 1" frame or one of the "non standard" 1 1/16" frames. The centers of two 12 gauge primers with the rims of the shells touching are approximately 7/8", so a very marginal 12 gauge gun could be made on an XX standard frame, but the tubes would have to share part of a chamber wall, not a common way to build a shotgun, but not impossible. Actually, from my coarse measurements, the total chamber wall for the two 12 gauge barrels on a 1" frame seems to be about .250". Half of that would not be sufficient, but a shared wall of .025 would probably be OK. 3. Steven M., your "too large" 28 gauge on an XX Frame is the same dimension as an 0 Frame 28 Gauge Parker, not an unattractive gun. The same size Lefever frame would be much more attractive because of the swamped in front end which the 0 Frame Parker does not share (to the same extent). 4. BBMan2, the "Frame Size" thread on the old Lefever site did not uncover any of the firing pin dimensions you mentioned (1 1/32"). All XX frames mentioned on that thread were 1" except one that was claimed to have been 1 1/16". I don't know what to think since I did not measure any other than my own gun. The conclusion that was probably reached on that thread was that 1" was the standard. Now I am not so sure unless your ruler is defective. 5. VineferaVizslas, everyone at Lefever that I am aware of was a setter man. Fred Howlett had English Setters, John Nichols had Gordons and Irish Setters, and Jacob Glahn also had Gordons. I can't remember what Dan hunted over, but judging from the others' preferences, I would assume Uncle Dan was a setter man also. I will continue research on this important aspect of the new Lefever project. Bill Murphy