For your onfo; I just got off the phone with Buck Hamlen ( Lefever restoration expert). He said that after measuring a large number of light weight guns in his shop that 1.055" between firing pins would be sufficient for 12 thru 20 ga. guns. He also suggested a sear pin as in later mod's over screws for holding sears. This would further lessen the cost and be superior in his opinion. Buck also strongly felt that a straight rib extension would also save a great deal of cost over a dolls head rib extension and was every bit as strong.

In so far as single triggers go, Buck said that the Infallable single trigger was the best available other than a Win. 21 trigger. However, he felt for those shooting sporting clays, the double trigger to be the best bet.

Regarding chrome plating bbl's. Buck pointed out ( as you Eightbore) that a bbl shipped with full and full chokes couldn't practically be altered --- forcing cones included. Perhaps the tubes should be furnished without the plating until chokes and forcing cones were finished. Accurate Plating in Fla. could plate the bores "after" this finish work is done. How about some opinions here guys ???

Buck and I also discussed the use of one ejestor frame for both ejector and extracter bbl;s in order to keep cost to clients down. His opinion was that this was easily done by making on cut a small amount wider. Guess this is another way to go. Regarding other areas of the Lefever, Buck didn't feel the need for further changes except for tightening the tolerances. His opinion was that a "New Lefever" built with the best modern steels, machining and heat treatment would be far stronger and superior to the original guns. When asked about monoblock bbl's, he didn't like them & prefered dovetail bbl's. for their looks only. I understand this as I don't like the look either.

All for now boys, more to come as I get it. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288