Quote reported in multiple sources:

"At a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on Thursday, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) opposed an amendment to her Assault Weapons Ban legislation that would allow military veterans to continue to buy the firearms that would be banned. Feinstein says a veteran may be mentally ill and should be prevented from purchasing firearms.

SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN: If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, its not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this."

Heard about this Feinstein blunder in the "mainstream news media"?

Now what do you think would happen if a Republican made a proposal to bar all Blacks from owning firearms since some of them have proven to be irresponsible?
Note: If you have comments please post them over in the Misfires area.

Last edited by italiansxs; 04/04/13 01:50 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.