Chuck:

I'm thinking 16 gauge. The trouble with a 20 is that you have to shoot yellow shells. I just couldn't live like that. You are right about the paper though. It might be worth getting a light 12 just to smell the paper hulls.

I see the monoblock as a very sound approach from a practical standpoint. The idea of having the barrels built a long way from home and shipped here to mate with the action seems fraught with potential problems. At least with the monoblock approach one could be reasonably sure that the barrels will mate properly with the actions. Especially so if a doll's head is desired.

There seems to be a large spread of opinion as to what liberties should be taken with Mr. Lefever's designs. From absolute true replication on up. I myself don't have much use for chrome bores and choke tubes, but I don't have any problem with invisible monoblock construction. Or even visible, for that matter. I reckon I lean more toward the true replication camp, modified to allow sensible alternatives in manufacturing techniques.

Regards to all,

Glenn

Last edited by Glenn Fewless; 03/22/07 11:54 PM.

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.