Well as expect there are lots of opinions but that' s what I asked for.
" made out of cheese" eh..... Well Dig has often opined that non-English are all just rubbish.

What I'm finding is that at this price point, many Brit guns are either sleeved or have short barrels, neither of which I am interested in.

The reasonable quality (AyA, Arrieta, Grulla, etc.) Spanish guns I am looking at appear to have stamped, or chased engraving, a plus point for English guns. Most have short barrels too.

I have found two English third-tier candidates but both have had their chambers lengthened and not were not reproofed. Okay as a shooter but if I were to resell it later, I can already hear the buyer calling fowl and trying to nock off another $1k. Funny how sellers can overlook this point until they become buyers. The same would be for sleeved barrels.

Another observation I've made is that there are lots of guns in this range with 26, 27, or 28" barrels. Not many with my requisit 29-30" barrels.

Also, I'm hesitant to go with Belgian, French or German guns. I have seen their prices stagnant for years, even though they produced a quality product. I had to nearly give away a Francotte Grade 45 (Eagle) with 30" barrels, so I'm not going down that road again.

Last edited by muchatrucha; 04/20/13 06:14 PM.

The only constant in life is change.