Smallbore
There are lots of cats that lick their own buttholes - that doesn't mean it is not disgusting.[/quote]
Well what can I say to that reply.........

I do own several nice box locks ( Charles Lancasters) and several nice hammerguns (Harcoms) and a number of Damascus-barreled centenarians, but this time I'm looking for a classic sidelock.

I know that Spanish guns have had their problems in the past but somehow I believe in the new millenium that has been rectified at least by the better builders.

I'm starting to lean toward a recently built Spanish gun in my price range and looking for anyone's actual personal experience with them. Thanks to those who have replied.

I've seen too many loose rib, honed out bores, wide open chokes, repaired wrist, sleeved-barreled problem children to want to go that route again. I do love the English guns that I have, but this time I'm not looking for another continuing $$$ project. I've supported many fine classically trained gunsmiths over the years.

I have found two Third-tier English guns that meet my simple requirements, but both are out of proof, an issue that the reputable businesses fail to mention in their advertisements. Not an easy nor inexpensive issue to rectify living here in the USA.

Still on the hunt....

The only constant in life is change.