I simply fail to Understand how anyone who has obviously looked at a lot of double barreled shotguns can make such a statement as this. I may be a bit slow at times but I'm not Blind. It is patently obvious the two barrels of a double "CONVERGE" toward the muzzle, they are "NOT" set parallel. The convergence is not for what line the shot travels After it leaves the muzzle, but Just Exactly where the muzzle is pointing at the time of exit. After it leaves the muzzle it travel is only affected by Gravity or Wind Drift. Be it Shot or Ball however not projectile fired from a gun having any perceptible amount of recoil leaves a shoulder fired gun from a static position. It matters not whether you are swinging the gun or taking a Dead Aim from one held stationary. The gun "WILL" Move from the time the trigger is pulled prior to the exit of the projectile/s. That is Why the barrels of a Double Converge. If they did not, the Right bbl would shoot to the right & the left one would shoot to the left & it'd be a lot more than the distance between them. Even my old Cap Lock ML'er with both cylinder bored bbls have converging barrels to better center the patterns.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra