Well I can assure you of one thing I have never owned or even seen a double in which the bbls were bent to the extent they would become parallel at the muzzles. Hey man i could see that at a glance & I "AIN'T" ever seen it. After seeing the specs in the L C Smith plans & specs book I checked seeral of my Lefevers & they measured extremely close to those Smith specs & no they WERE NOT BENT at the muzzles. I measured their OD's & the width across them at increments & they increased in width at about that .011" per inch just as the Smith specs were stated.
The old timers are said to have straightened bbls by looking through the bores at a line such as a in a window between the panes. It doesn't take a lot of practice to be be able to do this with good accuracy. I have so looked down several bbls * have never looked at one with a rainbow shape or on which the muzzle ends of them had a distinct curve.
That bit about the muzzles being parallel is just FLAT OUT WRONG, please nobody believe that Crap.
the barrels move from time of ignition to the shot leaving the muzzle, if they didn't they would all cross fire by 15"-16" at 40 yds.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra