Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: coosa

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am aware of several hunters using tungsten in a .410, and they are as effective as 3.5" 12 gauge guns shooting lead.

Stupid comments like that should not be allowed on the internet.

Steve,you've just met the anti-tungsten shot turkey meister contigency of the forum, rumored to be president of the Earth is Flat Society. Without a doubt, tungsten 9s out of a 20 gauge are as effective as any load of lead #4's shot out of an SBE. To argue otherwise is not stupid, just not based on reality or fact. Not stupid, just militantly ignorant. If stupid is allowed on the net, it is only fair that militantly ignorant is allowed. Stupidity is incurable; militant ignorance takes a lot of time and might as well be considered incurable, but there's always hope. I won't go as far as saying tungsten makes a .410 as effective a turkey gun as lead in an SBE, but I don't consider your remark stupid. Tungsten 9s make a .410 a legit 40 yard gun, but hands down, a 20 with TSS9s is another story as we both know. jOe, hope your season was a good one. One day you will come under Pixie Dust's spell. It already has your attention. wink Gil

I'm not "anti-tungsten" I shoot Winchester extended range out of my SBE.
As far as your fairy dust sized shot for turkey I can assure you it will never happen with me.

#9 size shot of any material for turkeys is for total idiots plain and simple.