>>>#9 size shot of any material for turkeys is for total idiots plain and simple.<<<

5 years ago, when folks were first starting to use the heavy tungsten for turkeys, I was pretty skeptical about #9 being big enough for turkeys too. That's the reason I started out using 8s, and have killed a bunch of turkeys with them.

But as dozens and dozens of good hunters have switched to #9, and as test after test has shown it has sufficient penetration power at ridiculous ranges, I finally had to agree that the 9s are overall better than the 8s. You get a denser pattern, so you can make a bigger pattern that still will easily kill the turkey.

Joe, there were a lot of folks listening to your opinions 5 years ago and thinking maybe you were right, but the evidence is so overwhelming against you now that I don't think many are listening anymore.

Doesn't matter to me; shoot whatever you want. Just kill the turkey if you are gonna shoot at him.

And I apologize to all for contributing to this excellent thread getting so far off topic. I thought my experience with the wall-eyed shooting sxs might help somebody understand barrel convergence a little better, and I'll be the first to admit I need to know a lot more about it myself. The extreme of a 5 lb gun and 1.75 oz loads made what is a minor problem in most sxs guns into a major problem in mine. I would think the same effect is likely to occur in any sxs gun, but is greatly exaggerated in mine.

Good hunting to all!