Coosa;
I am not a turkey hunter so have not entered into this portion of the discussion. I have killed a Grand Total of two turkeys in my life, both with a 12 Ga & a 1 3/8oz load of lead 4's. hey both did die Dead, on the spot, neither was extreme range by any means.
I did understand the purpose of your original post & it did very well illustrate the point of the fact the gun moves after pulling the trigger & before the shot exits the muzzle. The heavy shot load at a comparatively low muzzle velocity will give it just a bit more time to move, thus accentuating the problem, as of course will the very light weight gun.
I will also note the problem does also exist in an over/under as well. Their bbls also converge though not to the extent of a SxS. Due to the higher plane of its axis from the point of contact with the shoulder the upper bbl would have a tendency to center its pattern higher than the lower "AND NOT" just by the amount of separation of the bbls, which would be insignificant as far as pattern placement goes.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra