Thanks Mike, Ken and Jerry. I took Jerry's advice and made the following, it is just a 1/8" by 2" x 10" piece of flat stock that I drilled and tapped two holes in. I also cut the edges so that it would not hit the bell or the turret.

I then attached it to the scope ring, lifted, removed the scope. Here is a picture of the piece attached to the ring after the scope was removed.

Although, it isn't a sporting rifle, this may be useful to others who may have purchased rifles with various kinds of claw bases but no rings or scope. Awhile back, I won an auction for a Romanian VZ-24 sniper rifle. I thought it would be a fun challenge to try to make a set of rings for it. Whitey and my dad suggested trying to just make adaptor blocks for Weaver or Redfield rings. I had a Weaver K4 with Weaver rings on it, so I choose to use that. I made the adaptor blocks, but when I put everything together, I realized I couldn't flip the switch on the base.

By flipping the ring around, everything works great, I can get the scope on and off the rifle. Before I do any more work, i.e. polishing, bluing, and maybe a few other things, I need a trip to the range to see how rigid it is and how well it holds zero when the scope is removed and put back on.