Pooch, you left out that it is good exercise for old men as well as old dogs. I do it and I am an old time Georgia bird hunter. I have a very few dependable wilds coveys left but usually just leave them for seed after I maybe pay one or two visits on my wild birds every season.

I am lucky enough to have some pretty woods to release kick'em-up birds in. That is on purpose as I burn my pine woods and leave some open grassland as well just for that purpose.

My "method" is simply to drive down two path roads through some pretty cover and toss the birds out the back of the truck one at a time. I have no idea where they will be, but trust the dogs to find them. Twentyfive will provide a full morning or afternoon of walk up shooting over my own dog's points. At $4.50 a bird I don't want to lose many and I do not think they "carry over" well.

It ain't exactly bird hunting but it will do well enough for me. The last really good wild bird hunting I did was in Tamaulepas (sp?) State in North Mexico around Lake Guerrero. Don't think I want to visit there anymore...Geo