40x....I think there is good advise here as I am getting on the Woodward thread...I do not feel " stuck" , as a more careful reading states , I have a 3 day review period.....it is common knowledge that ribs are replaced and is therefore not fraud. Kirk Merrington replaced the old ribs on my Westley Ruchards.....all you do is look under the barrels...also, my Grant has replaced barrels By Boss and says so on the ribs...different approaches to the same thing...the maker will usually put a different serial number on the bottom of replaced barrels. Now that Purdey is starting to remake Woodwards....I can now get a great gun for less than $100,000..less than $10,000.. And if it fits me that is a plus naturally. If you are going to shoot it then have the gunsmith look it over...or pay another $20,000 grand give or take for the original barrels...go out and then dent the barrel by mistake...then find out the original barrels are too thin to get banged out....then spend more to get the new barrels or have it sleeved....right?

Last edited by Condor; 07/16/13 09:23 AM.