I do not want to hijack 40X' s thread here...so I read your opinion and that's fine....all I am saying to him, as is my situation is ...is the gun a fair price?...if he is going to shoot it and is not a collector then a replaced barrel is good in a way, as other opinions have stated. The cost of an original gun, is, as one can see from the opinions , and in the market place ,high for bespoked guns....if I spent the money on an all original Lang....and as stated , if the barrels are sub .25... I might be sitting in my chair staring at a dent that happened only to discover that in addition to the money I paid for originality...I now have to fork out a lot of money to get it fixed...and more if it can not....wondering where did I go wrong when I thought this though. I hope 40x thinks it though and if a fair price, and he wants to own an great old gun , if it is...then contacts Atkins, Grant, and Lang for the History, and he is happy about it....that's great.....if the industry puts the name of the main gun back on the rib....from what I know is that it is not uncommon to do that and I have never heard anyone, even the group I belong to, the Vintagers, claiming fraud...and Fraud is a strong legal term and an action requiring intent.....I do not believe intent to defraud is the motive to place the old rib on the gun, including well know practice in the industry....when a good gunsmith can advise that it is replacement barrels....so , his question, as is mine...is it a fair price?

Last edited by Condor; 07/16/13 11:30 AM.