I would not throw rocks...I am trying to figure this stuff out....so, correct me if I am wrong but since the barrels are the heart of the gun....and the receiver is not...then why does it even matter if it is a box lock or side lock...and why all the threads on the locks and the different internal matters relating to the locks....the different engraving? ....also...why does it matter if it is an ejector or extractor?...so, I can think of my gun as really a Boss and forget the fact that the receiver is a Grant....if my barrels are the heart....would the receiver be the brains....just kidding about that....but I would take it a step further...I would argue that replacement barrels would be MORE important than original barrels with perhaps thin walls....those that are not thin....would be the best ....I just think that it is the receiver that is key...why...because you can always get replacement barrels....then again,as you say you can get a receiver to fit special barrels....then there is all the discusion about the wood, triple x, etc....if replacement barrels were done by a good maker or individual, like Kirk Merrington......why the big deal about original barrels...( unless you are a collector)..would the new replacement barrels be like a heart transplant for a heart that is diseased?.. Very interesting and thought provoking.