Thanks all....here is the bottom line...I am keeping it...I just got back from Hutton and he gave it the oNce over....the gun or I should say the barrels were reproofed in 1970...the barrels measure to .30 and .29the bores are right on at .729..... He opened the lock and to me they were bueatiful..but he wanted to look at the wood inside and told me it was perfect, a little oil but confirmed the stock was original. He explained how the wood was carved for the locks...all at a minimal and efficient....the locks had the serial number and initial of an individual. Very tight...the wood appears well used but good and it has been around but the barrels are a great shooter. He will provide me more info and I will pattern it tomorrow. I agree with the posters ...nice shooting gun for me....and I could probably buy a nice Arrieta or AyA.....I will take this one...now all I have to do is sell a Greener F40 and my Delgreggo Parker VH....not to break even but apply it to the the Woodward...this has been a real education . Thanks for taking the time to comment...Regards.

Ps. As far as Cabelas was concerned I just asked if they could help me ...The gun was listed at $7,999).... .I had no smoking gun...and they did help out...also, forgot to say that he said he could open the chambers a bit to make it 2 3/4... But advised not to as that would take it out if Proof( officially)... I decided not to and leave it as a 2 1/2... As it was intended..

Last edited by Condor; 07/19/13 04:44 PM.