Thanks Franc, the chambers are 2 1/2.... But it was close as they measured to 2 3/4 to the breach face...but a bit below the recess for the shell it was 2 1/2....Hutton thinks more in line with 2 1/2... But as stated earlier he could easily open it to a certain 2 3 /4.... But we thought keep it at 2 1/2 as proofed...I do not have real micro photos as it is to tough with a cell phone...I kept deleting some of the photos I took because of the shakes tring to steady the phone...the engraving looks sharp for this old gun and although Hutton thought so too, he was tough and said abit of wear but negligible...the serial number is raised inside a sunken Cartouch. The leather butt pad looks like it was put on yesturday , but more like The 1970's.. One thing he did say was that the gun does not look shot much since the rebarreling, and felt that someone really liked the gun to have it rebarrelled and he can not tell who or what firm may have done the job back then... Or why the owner did not go back to Purdey to do it...I feel that it was probably simply cost and convience that determined that. This is best I can do with the phone...

Last edited by Condor; 07/20/13 12:29 PM.