I apologize to you if you were referring to a member other than Drew with: "an esteemed member of this forum continues to start threads that push his particular take on religion . . ." Drew's the only esteemed member I can think of who quotes from religious and other sources on how others think we should live. Which isn't pushing or a bad thing. Who were you referring to?

Misfires is a forum where anything goes. On the evidence, a mention of Bush, Obama, Reagan, Pelosi, PETA, Palin, Democrats, GOP, NRA, EPA or most anything else often sets off an incandescent display of incivility and foul language. Attempts at discussion always deteriorate to bloody nonsense. Even imagining an improvement with religious discussions is a fool's game.

Only a heretic would relate Martin Luther with a discussion on Misfires. Luther worked indefatigably with supportable evidence to reform Christianity. An honest and substantive discussion here of religious doctrine involving our long-abiding mysteries, our faith and struggles toward it, is not possible. I've been here long enough to know the will, tolerance and generosity is missing.