Originally Posted By: King Brown
Nearly every liberal and conservative country is following the Keynesian formula to get out of recession, doc: spend when times are bad, cut when they're good. Investing in public (and private) capital and infrastructure projects are a more effective means of economic stimulation than cutting taxes.

A few of our members remember the Great Depression, as I do, when a generation benefitted from social programs which were expanded by post-war governments. People then thought of paying taxes as a gift we give to each other (doctrine drum-roll to keep on thread) but now for good reasons (paying more and getting less) most people consider taxes as something taken from us.

And in no part of the world has Kensian policies ever worked. And there is a difference, (picking one randomly) in fact a huge difference between temporary assistance...(like unemployment benifits)) and welfare where there is no end game or incentive to ever leave it once the free money starts coming in.

You don't even collect unemployment without showing weeekly that you have been applying for jobs..... Kensian crap like welfare is litterally pissing away good money after bad, when you know there will never be a positive return on the investment. Hell a life of liesure is mighty inticing if I didn't grow accustomed to the stuff I have that I worked hard to pay for.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 08/15/13 08:18 AM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.