Quote:
"Another view, Jim. Germany is a high-wage economy with strong unions. I think they build cars."

Those in the automotive trade fully understand that the German car manufacturing situation is somewhat unique. The demand for Porsche's,Mercedes and BMW's is essentially inelastic to use the economic term. In other words a prospective Porsche buyer doesn't really care whether the car is priced at $80,000 or $120,000. The want a Porsche and they'll buy one essentially irrespective of the cost.
But we digress:
Again all one has to do is look at the economic abyss that Wisconsin was pulled back from or the unionized worker situation in Greece and it's apparent that the negative effect of public unions cannot be tolerated forever. These two crisis were caused by bloated union demands and there is NO other explanation for them.
We went through a horrific economic and budgetary crisis in my own State of Arizona when Napolitano was running the show. I am grateful to Obama for ONE thing and that was getting her the hell out of Arizona. Under Governor Jan Brewer, a fiscal conservative, we're gone from a billion dollar annual deficit to a projected 800 million dollar surplus in 2013.
IMO: Public employee unions should be outlawed period!

Last edited by italiansxs; 08/16/13 10:24 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.