Originally Posted By: King Brown
Our six children have decent educations, work hard and it's paid off in healthy and happy families in strong communities. They consider it a privilege to pay taxes, as Nancy and I do and my parents did....

....Craig. It may be your way to say suck it up, you're on your own. It's not the American way. Turning your back on the deserving, weak and poor is neither Christian or human. It's the antithesis of any common religious doctrine.

Good for you and your kids, I pay taxes too. You don't know a bit about me. I'd never turn my back on the truly needy. 'Deserving'?, deserve what, a double gun or maybe a 'strong community'. 'Weak' as in can't hold your liquor, or can't climb up on a bar stool. 'Poor', are you attaching a stigma, are you saying if they receive welfare then they are in their place.

On all those points King, you and your kids can bypass the tax system and give away money directly in the way you see fit. Just one catch, not a little bit to make you feel better about yourself, but redistribute until your kids live in a middling community and you elevate those poor communities to the standard that your kids will step down to.

Oh, I see, not for you and yours, just those who you are able to demonize.