Keynesian economics is the science of kicking the can down the road by applying temporary patches and band-aids which eventually fail. It is the science of gov't. hacks picking winners and losers. We are over $17 trillion in debt with no obvious way of repaying the principal, and just the interest costs are chewing up a large portion of yearly incoming revenue. Proponents of this idealogy can only point to the fact that we haven't yet gone down in flames as proof of success. They ignore the kindling and the gasoline and the matches.

The problem with propping up losers over an extended period of time is that it compounds the problem and places more and more capital at risk. The snowball gets larger as it rolls down the hill. When it finally hits bottom, the damage is much greater. Then the very people who allowed the snowball to get larger will point to the damage and say we should have done more... by making the snowball even larger.

The economy is cyclic by nature. Often, when good times return, the snowball is slowed down or may even temporarily stop rolling. This is when dishonest folks like King and Obama can claim credit for something that they and their policies had absolutely nothing to do with.

Originally Posted By: Dave K
King ,
you agree with this quote ?
"Which country went down the wrong path of social policy by encouraging low income households to take on mortgage loans that they can never pay back"

This of course refers to the CRA ( which forced banks,through community organizer's like B Hussien Obama, to loan money to people who could not and did not pay it back !)

Here, we have Dave K asking King a question about the real and true cause of the Great Recession of 2008. Again, King totally ignores the question and moves on to put it behind him by spouting more bullshit. King did the very same thing to Dave K previously in this thread. And he has done it many times before this.

Originally Posted By: keith
DaveK, I'm sure you are noticing how King deftly dances around any facts and simply moves on to even more Libtard fantasy. Now he's talking about the costs of incarceration while ignoring the fact that a career criminal costs society much much more when they are on the street committing crimes. I'm only talking about monetary costs and omitting the human suffering they cause. And he ignores the fact that it was the Great Society, which is a breeding ground for fatherless men, with no morals and no values, who go on to become incarcerated. Why debate whether incarceration of violent career criminals is more or less expensive than social welfare programs when it is social welfare programs that exacerbate the problem in the first place? King seems incapable of telling or even grasping the truth. You have to wonder about his mental state.

King, under Canadian National Health Care, how long do you suppose it would take you to get the psychiatric help you obviously need?

King also ignored this. We all know he uses the very feminine tactic of pretending to ignore me, using the lie that I put words in his mouth several months ago. But he also ignores others who posted similar concerns and facts about the subject. Careful there, if you press him too hard, his estrogen will reach boiling point and he will pretend to ignore you forever!

I've called this the dance of the Gnomoron, because Gnomoron used to use the very same Libtard tactic of ignoring uncomfortable facts or refutations of Liberal lies and stupidity.

craigd has apparently noticed this too, and he has called King out on it several times recently. King always responds with some vague and totally unrelated blather and completely sidesteps the question. Yet some say they still like the guy and apparently give him a pass because of his advanced age. I too used to give him a pass because of his advanced age and I also fell for his fake civility for a time.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Your notion is a peculiar conservatism, an euphemism for selfishness.

Here's an excerpt from King's post here at 1:11 PM today. Read the whole thing for yourselves to see how King used three short sentences to call craigd selfish. More name calling from Mr. Civility. Yet King is always piously lecturing us about the incivility here in the Misfires forum which he claims to despise. And still he can't stay away, having now made 210 posts in Misfires since 4/23/13 when he dishonestly said he'd just be an observer here.

This is why I've shared my opinion that King is a fraud and a pathological liar. And I'm done giving him excuses because of his age, because, in my opinion, it's obvious he's been a liar and a fraud all his life.

The rest of you can continue to think you can have a civil debate with a guy who will just ignore you when you counter him with a fact or figure which he cannot refute. Me... I'll just call liars "liars, and frauds "frauds".

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.