Originally Posted By: Rookhawk
Sorry to add a tangent here but I'm interested too. The thing that wasn't addressed in his requirements above is:

I want a press that is easy to swap from 12, 16, 20 and 28 and I want all of them loaded for 2.5" shells.

So what are my options?

Buy four MEC models of your choice, one in each gauge....never change anything and load to your hearts content without all the problems inherit in the other machines.

Use the large dollars you save for a nice hunt somewhere or a vacation for you and the little lady.

All of mine have the factory short kits installed, 12, 16, 20 gauge. I also installed the steel tools for each station, even on the newer machines (available used on ebay).....and the brass 6 star starter crimp. I don't like plastic anything, except wad fingers. I use a MEC Super Sizer as pictured for all my sizing in each gauge, easy gauge change on the Super Sizer.

I've used MEC'S since the late 60's and cannot praise them enough, and one machine pictured below, that I bought new, is that old and has had thousands and thousands of rounds through it. All three machines have been used heavily by young boys growing up without any problems.

Keep them covered up when not in use and lubed regularly and they last forever with very few problems. I use EEZOX to lube them and as you can see, even the base plates do not scratch, super slick stuff.

Doug