Doug that is a perfect set up for reloading. As nice as any I have seen.

Rookhawk

The easiest machine to convert from one ga. to another is Spolar. MEC machines are not convertible between ga. P/W can be but I found that doing so never ended up with the machine being in adjustment like it was before with the same die setup. Also if you are looking to load different type loads within a ga. you need a machine that is easy to adjust. That is a MEC or Spolar. 2 1/2" is the deal breaker I suspect. Going back and forth to 2 1//2" and 2 3/4" is going to be a lot of adjusting.

Now another thing to look at is what total volume are you looking to load? Ten boxes a year or even a month are easily handled by MEC 600 with short kits added. Hundreds of boxes a year are not. High volume could be done with a Spolar if you had the set it up for 2 1/2" shells.

I had a MEC 650 12 that I altered to load 2 1/2" shells when I was loading those in volume. It is on semi permanent loan to a friend. I deprimed and resized shell before loading them because the 650 does not resize them. The quick explanation of what I did was to reduce the main shaft height and trim down the crimp and finish dies. All the rest was done by simple adjustments. I had a old 650 on hand so I altered that but I suspect you could alter a 9000 as well. But alterations make it a dedicated 2 1/2" machine.