All great stuff here guy's.

I guess I should have included a little more information about myself & where I'm at on reloading.

I've been reloading since the mid 1960's. I started loading paper cases on a MEC 200 "if I remeber the model correctly". I still have that press buried somewhere in the basement. I've owned several other MEC presses since 600, 650jr, grabber, & I presently load 28ga on a 9000. All of them have been good presses & I can't or wont say a bad word about MEC products.

I'm presently loading 20ga on a Hornady APEX with the auto index feature. It's been a good press which throws out great looking loads. The one feature I really like about it is the no-case under the powder or shot station there is no droppping the component. This feature really saves a lot of clean up when there is a fowl-up & I know all loaders have fowl-ups at times. The only reason I'm looking to upgrade is this press is getting old, it's discontinued & parts are going to be a problem in the future. Beside that I just want to get a new progressive press.

I'm a mechanic/machinist by trade so machinery doesn't scare me. I'm a gear head through & through and I really like what I see in the P/W, the grand & the spolar. Since I first posted this thread I've pretty much have eliminated the RCBS Grand for a couple of reasons. 1. Searching the net, I can't find one availble for sale. All of the on-line dealers are out of stock on them. "I'm starting to wonder if RCBS still makes them" 2.After doing more on-line research I've found more negative things said about them than positive.

So it looks like my choices are down to the P/W 800, the spolar, or the MEC 9000. At this point I'm probably leaning toward the P/W at this point. I may make some phone calls next week & I'll let you know what I find out.