Rookhawk,

First of all let me say that I think any thing over 1200 fps is unnecessary in an upland load & I think the 1 1/16 oz High Pheasant would be just as effective if they backed it off to 1200 fps reducing pressure a little as well.

That said I've shot both the 1 1/16 oz & 1 oz High Pheasant & I prefer the 1 1/16 oz for my pheasant hunting & I don't perceive the recoil is much different between the two (obviously the 1 1/16 is greater).

Do you have data specific to the 1 1/16 oz & 1 oz High Pheasant loads indicating 500 to 1000 psi greater pressure than B&P's published pressure or are you referring to the Armbrust data that was published on the 16 ga F2 Classic load & one other I can't remember.

I can't find any published pressure data on the 1 oz High Pheasant load but the B&P data is 8416 psi with the 1 1/16 oz load.

So much info has been bantered about on the conversion from earlier proof & service pressure recommendations to the new CIP standard that I'm hard pressed to know what to believe.

Following is the info I've been using. If this is wrong someone please correct me.

850 BAR proof = 650 Bar/10730 psi service pressure
3 1/4 Ton proof = 9682 psi service pressure
3 Ton proof = 8938 psi service pressure

So if the B&P data is correct it should be safe to use in all of the above & even if it's @ 1000 psi over it's still within max service pressure in the guns with 850 BAR or 3 1/4 Ton proof & just slightly over (478 psi) in guns proofed @ 3 Tons.

I personally only use the 1 1/16 oz High Pheasant in guns proofed 3 1/4 Ton or greater but if I had a sound gun proofed @ 3 Tons of appropriate weight I would likely use it there as well.