Rookhawk,

The 1 1/6 oZ High Pheasant I am using were purchased from the B&P distributor that was pre Kaltron (2003/2004 ?) Don't know if pressure has changed since then or not but no issues to date & it's been my go to 12 ga pheasant load.

In a 6 1/2 lb gun the 1 1/16 oz load is around 19 foot pounds free recoil. Not the lightest recoiling load for sure but not bad for a hunting load that you don't shoot a lot of in a day & it's used in guns between 6 1/2 & 7 1/2 lbs.

I don't know about the pressure issue but unless published data is way, way off base there shouldn't be a problem with anything but 3 ton proofed guns & its a "possibly" with them. B&P's published psi data for "most" of their 12 ga loads is higher than that for the 1 1/16 High Pheasant whatever that may indicate.

I do appreciate your bringing this up so people can make their own decisions & I certainly don't endorse exceeding service pressure recommendations.

I use 7/8 oz or 1 oz loads for target & most hunting but I prefer a little more payload for pheasant & it's tough to find 12 ga 1 1/16 oz or 1 1/8 oz hunting loads in # 5 shot at approx. 1200 fps & appropriate pressures thus my interest in getting the 1 1/16 oz High Pheasant continued.

RST is making a 1 1/4 oz load @ 1200 fps that should be good but I really don't want to go over 1 1/8 oz because of recoil.

If all else fails I can always go back to loading my own to get exactly what I want.