Khan;

View this link: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...&PHPSESSID=

You will see that a participant "CJO" has submitted photos of a gloss finish gun he has blacked. One of the partcipants of this discussion is also "SDH" which is Steven Dodd Hughes. Give SDH a call and see who CJO is and if he will black a set of barrels for you. From the photo the barrels look almost like a London or Birmingham blacking.

I have done considerable study on this subject as well as technical experiments and actual blacking. As a result I have determined how I believe the English get the gloss finish as I have been able to do it. (I do not do work for others) The success at gloss finish is in the majority "the process" and the technique practiced. Of course one has to have a formula that will black, but whilst I lived in England I have seen gloss results from several different people using different formulas.

To produce a lovely gloss finish that looks perfect even in sunlight takes a lot of time and experience, and no wonder such a finish can cost upwards to 1,000 pounds sterling in UK.

Bv