Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: King Brown
But still James Baldwin said the film Birth of a Nation "is really an elaborate justification of mass murder."

And now, Joe.

I guess you believe there was a real Jewish Holicost ?
Joe- the Holocaust was inflicted on the Jews of Europe by Adolph Hitler, Heinrich Himmler and other Nazi party leaders who viewed the extermination by genocide under the term "The Final Solution" as part of the Aryan racial purity policies-- First off, that is a bit of a mis-nomer, as being Jewish is a matter of religious beliefs, nothing to do with race at all. Strangely enough, Hitler's ally in Italy, Benito Mussolini, did not share that Nazi viewpoint towards the Jews that condemned millions of Jews, gypsies, insane asylum and physically deformed Europeans to death-

One of my best buddies from my years in the USMC, he still lives in the Bronx where he grew up- his uncle Solomon was one of the brave prisoners at the Sobibor Totenslager (Death Camp) in Poland, and helped in the riot/revolt that overcame the SS guards and gained freedom for a lucky few.

My first father-in-law (now gone 12 years) served with Patton's 3rd. Army, and after Bastogne, and his recuperation from the shrapnel wounds in his legs- was promoted to Staff Sergeant rank, and as he was fluent in German, was assigned to interrogation of the captured Germans- He once remarked to his C.O. that he had not yet interrogated any captured SS personnel, to which question the Captain replied- Sergeant- that's because we never captured any- we shot them on sight- Later he learned that some SS units were shooting fellow German regular Army troops (Wehrmacht) to get their uniforms- but the Germans with their passion for record keeping and thoroughness, had a flaw in that scheme- Every SS man who graduated, besides received his dagger with the inscription "Meine Blut und Meine Ehre" My blood and my honor-- also had his individual SS serial number tattooed under his right armpit area- That's how the British discovered they had actually captured Himmler- good old strip search-

Oh, in case you think that was cruel -to shoot dead a SS man with his hands above his head "Nicht scheissen -Kamerade" or some other such Hundenscheisse Wurden!!-- The Germans had standing orders from Hitler that no Negro allied troops were to be taken prisoner, they were to be shot on sight- War is one cruel piece of business--

So, now that you know that the word you struggled with is properly spelled Holocaust-- It means, in a literal interpretation- a Firestorm. Isn't it a bit ironic, that the very same deranged man who started this campaign to exterminate the Jewish people in Europe, and approved the gas chamber/showers and the crematoria- also was cremated at his own orders after his suicide in the underground bunkers in Berlin- "Live by the sword, die by the sword" if you'll allow a bit of a je ne sans quoi segue here.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/11/13 06:28 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..