Originally Posted By: JDW

So when someone comes on the board saying that bizmuth was made for older guns that cannot handle steel and not being specific, then I have a problem with that.
Like I said I won't be shooting shells not designed for my old guns and definetly not longer shells in a shorter chamber.

JDW,

I am not picking a fight. I have been a member of the 16ga group since its inception and saw the pictures. Someday I'll actually own one.

I didn't type in a pressure reference to the bismuth because as you might notice, I had addressed pressure immediately above.

Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner

Why not use 3" shells in a 2 3/4" gun. Because there is not a single 3" shell ever produced that is LOW PRESSURE. Many fine British, Spanish and other guns have 2 3/4" chambers but are still designed for LOW PRESSURE.

Dude, bizmuth(sic) was designed for older guns that can not handle STEEL shot.

In fact in my posts I have been typing PRESSURE in all caps to reinforce that point.

Old is well old. Since I gave my 11-87 to my son my newest shotgun was made in 1933. My regular waterfowling guns are damascus barreled W&C Scott hammerguns. 10ga made 1875ish and a 12ga made 1880ish. Both used with nitro and blackpowder loads shooting bismuth.

Mike