There is almost nothing in the shotgun world that is more fun for me than dropping those cute little red 28 gauge shells in the chambers. When I shoot targets it is so enjoyable to break the long birds with a 28 that the other guys have trouble breaking with a 12. And shooting wild birds RESPONSIBLY with a 28 is crazy kool. I have shot a pile of wild birds with a 28 gauge and it is a hoot. Cobbhead - buy a Beretta. Get a baby frame if you can. Nobody, and I mean nobody, makes a better field 28 O/U than Beretta. Go to Joel Etchen's website and look at all the little Berettas. Just do NOT look at the custom small gauge sets. Evil thoughts will fill your head. Here is my Beretta 20/28. Its a parts gun that I put together myself.

The Ruger will also work well as long as you don't run thousands of rounds through it yearly. I also have an RBL 28 and it weighs 5lb 10oz. I shoot little guns pretty well, but that gun is difficult for me to be consistent with. It is a neat little gun, though, but a bit more than you want to spend. Get a 28. Be Happy!
Regards,
Jeff

Last edited by JNW; 11/18/13 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley